Here's a SUPER fast timeline of what has led me to start this blog, and WHY:
- Age 18 I finished college, left home to travel around the Pacific Ocean - Loved it!
- Age 19, I came home for Christmas, then travelled around Indonesia.
- Age 20, spent summer at home, then left for Australia and Indonesia again.
- Age 22, I met the girl of my dreams back at home. (I actually went to school with her, and fancied her even then!)
- Age 23, started a job in the Yachting Industry and sailed around the Mediterranean on a $120 Million Super Yacht.
- Age 24 moved back home to be with my girl. We rented a tiny house right above the beach.
- I started an online business which would hopefully allow us to travel whilst still earning.
- Age 25, my business failed and was forced to get a job. No travelling for us then!
- Age 26, I started an Amazon business which went really well and I quit my job.
- Age 27 we had a baby on the way, so happy!! (It's a boy!!)
- Age 28, my business failed and was forced to get a day job. AGAIN!
- Age 29, we had another baby on the way. So happy!! (It's another boy!!)
- Still working a job that I hate to support my family. Struggling financially from my failed business, and wanting more from life. ($30,000 in debt and on a low income from my job)
- At 30, had a massive wake up call, and realised that I wasn't where I wanted to be financially, emotionally and physically, I knew it was time for a big change.
- Came to terms with the fact that my business failures were entirely my own fault, and that it was up to ME to take back control of my own life. I had to clear my debts, get my happiness back on track and start living life with passion and excitement again. But most importantly, to build a happy life for my Family.
- I delved deep into a journey of self development, and changed my mindset and thinking in order to get out of the rut that I had found myself in.
- November 2018 - I started this blog to help others that are in a similar place of frustration and scarcity.
- The blog already generates an income, and my life is starting to align with the vision that I had for myself.
- My vision - I want to help as many people as possible to take control of their finances, their mindset, their fulfilment, their time, their happiness and their purpose in life.
This is my WHY!
This is the reason WHY I'm so passionate about this blog.
Helping others plant seeds that will change their lives has reignited the flame that I had lost at aged 28 when my second business failed.
It's re-opened my eyes to whats achievable, and made me re-realise that we don't need to settle for average.
Settling into a job for 2 years had made me almost forget my life long vision of financial and time freedom/independence. Its crazy (and scary) how the employee mindset can take over so quickly.
This blog resonates with a personal favourite topic of conversation, and a strong belief that I have had since my first trip away from home when I was just 18 years old.
Just because its socially acceptable to spend your life:
- Working at a job.
- Trading your time for money to pay bills.
- To live within your comfort zones,
- Enjoying the occasional 1 week holiday over seas so you're able to escape your daily life.
- Gunning for retirement so that you can enjoy your final years not having to work at your job.
I didn't want that for myself. And I certainly don't want that for my two boys either. I also don't want it for you!
You truly can live a lifestyle by your own design. It's up to you how badly you want it. You don't have to settle. Trust me.
If you can relate to my brief story, and you know deep down that there is more to life, I've created this FREE course just for you. I think you're going to love it: